Modicon 984-A120 problems

kerolarifen

Hi all,

currently i'm working for new project where i need to migrate the old version PLC to the latest one and maintain the serial modbus communication.

previous PLC are using Modicon 984-A120 and i need to migrate it to modicon M340.

my problems now,
i need to download the program from PLC to PC first where i don't know where can i download the modsoft or proworx or anothers software.

hopefully, there will be some help from all members.

thank you.

You will need to buy software in order to read from PLC, but take in mind that it can be password protected. Software it is quite expensive . Also take in mind that with 984 sequence of ladder instruction execution is different from classical ladder diagram. Anyway it will not be straight forward conversion. If you have original ladder diagram stamped it will be enough as you will have lot of engineering job anyhow. Maybe the best way is to contact original programmer.

If you manage to get the program, you can then directly convert it so that it will then run the same 984LL within UnityPro. UnityPro has the 984LL built in since about version 7 or 8.

984LL executes the logic cell by cell, top to bottom, left to right, so it can be quite different. I don't know if converter can "figure" that differences in code, and translate it good, if yes it is plus for Modicon.

Just ask a local schneider agent to come to site and upload the software and do the conversion for you. Will be a lot cheaper than buying software only to find out the program is software protected

I agree with Chud, even if they charge for a tech to visit it'll be cheaper than buying the software for a one off use.

GeoffC, I thought that LL984 was only supported when using Unity XL with quantum or M580 L3 processors or higher?

The conversion tool from ProWorx to unity LL984 is very good. I've done 3 plants with it so far. The only issue is that the editor in Unity is ghastly. But we're slowly converting each section to FBD so eventually I'll have none left.

That process has really shown the power of DFBs!

Saffa just tested and you can create LL984 code in an M340. I think the converter only converts to Quantum or M580, but you could convert existing program to a Quantum or M580, then export the LL984 sections into an M340 project

Ah very clever, I hadn't thought of doing that.

You would need Unity L or XL though to run the conversion tool? I'm away from my Unity dev laptop this week so can't check

Thanks for reply

thank you very much guys.

I already found the modsoft,
this night will try to download the programmed from PLC.
hopefully, there will no password on PLC,
otherwise, i need to do the reverse engineering.
;)

how to open the ladder diagram

Hi all..

i already managed to download the firmware using modsoft.
and i also managed to convert it using unity pro.

but,
i cant see the ladder diagram.
any solution for it?

thanks.

2n24uae.png
[/IMG]

network_1

when i click the Network_1, it should display the ladder diagram or else.
but, when i click on it.
it only display nothing.

it is because it locked?

thanks

There is nothing there because the process failed.
At the bottom of the image you posted it says in red
Process Failed: 2 Errors, 1 Warning
Select the message window (where that message is) and scroll up, you will then see what errors caused the conversion to fail

already modified

There is nothing there because the process failed.
At the bottom of the image you posted it says in red
Process Failed: 2 Errors, 1 Warning
Select the message window (where that message is) and scroll up, you will then see what errors caused the conversion to fail

that error comes after i modified the system. before this, i already try to open it.

The conversion tool to unity creates a report and saves a text file to a certain location. Do the conversion again to see where it saves it and go have a look at the text file. There is probably something incompatible and cannot be converted. Or as you stated maybe it is a protected section and you cannot convert that section