Look up array from counter value

Lallers66

If this works it will save me a lot of work.
I have an array on number, 0-20.
I have 20 equal statement whit values from 0-20 (0 is excluded)
I have a counter counting up, and whatever the number is i want to be represented in the the source B of my equal statement as in array[number_from counter_accumulated]
In my case it's counter[0],
EQU Source A OH_power_average[0] Source B OH-power_average_sorted[0]

How do I do this?

I'm on a Allen Bradley processor 1756-L55, v15

Thank you everybody!

Counter.jpg

The trick is you cannot use Counter[0].ACC directly, Rockwell won't let you use complex tag structures in an indirect address. Move Counter[0].ACC into another tag, say "CounterIndex", then use CounterIndex: OH_power_average_sorted[CounterIndex]

*edit*

Move "Counter[0].ACC" to another tag and use that as the index into the array:

OH_power_average_sorted[someTag]

It's VERY IMPORTANT to make sure the Counter[0].ACC value NEVER goes above the last element number of array tag OH_power_average_sorted or below 0.

I'd recommend adding a rung just below the CTU, using limit checking logic and a move instruction to clamp the value of Counter[0].ACC or some other preventative measure.

Attempting to access a non-existent array element will fault the processor.