BISS Encoder Help please!

matt_sd

Hello,

I have a BISS Absolute encoder than I am trying to connect to an ABB ACS880 Drive (via the FEN-11 Absolute Encoder card).

I have asked multiple people at ABB but havn't got an answer as they are unfamilar with BISS protocol, I have read documents online and BISS is a new open standard that encoder manufactures say is 'widely used'. I have read some manufactures BISS encoders are backward compatible with SSI. If the ABB Encoder card supports SSI, should I be able to get this working or do I need a specific BISS card that ABB do not offer?

Any people who know or have used BISS would appreciate your help.

Matt

Similar Topics

they brought out a 4I, 4O plug-in unit called "solves-it" great unit for $79 ! one model runs on 12/24VDC lotta capabilities but the programming...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Dears, i am trying to change the series of encoder from A to B, but the program do not has this option (Rslogix5000, 20.06 the old encoder was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am working with an incremental encoder (ABZ signals, 360 ppr (so 1440 counts per rev)) to replace the existing "manual" encoder wheel I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom