Getting started with Siemens

JRW,

Thanks for that helpful information...

After reviewing some youtube tutorials I come upon the realization that my biggest problem is that my first introduction to TIA is a program written by a programmer who made almost all the ladder code into FC's (functions), with just a smattering of visible ladder in the OB's...
There are four OB's, each containing FC's containing multiple other FC's and a little ladder logic... Very confusing...

To me that kinda equates to having subroutines stacked inside subroutines inside subroutines if you were in A-B land.

I'm gonna have to do some more exploration...

JohnR

That's not a Siemens problem though.

That just sounds like a typical OEM with tried and tested FCs, dragged into a project to save writing the same code over and over and over.

That just sounds like a typical OEM with tried and tested FCs, dragged into a project to save writing the same code over and over and over.

Or more likely, a programmer boosting his job security because no one else can follow his logico_O

I realize this is not a Siemens problem, I was just taken off guard when opening this program with my newly acquired TIA software, and finding what looked nothing like ladder logic that I am accustom to....

JohnR

An example of efficient and good programming.
Structured and grouped which makes it easier to troubleshoot.