FTV View Site Edition Datalogging Rename Tags

tmills1091

Hey everyone,

I did a bit of looking around this site and couldnt find any info for this issue. I havent worked with FTV too much but got a WO to add some trending to the existing client. The tags are easy enough to set up in the Data Log Models but i was wondering if there was a way to rename the tags as my data just comes into an INT array. I could always just create a properly named tag in my CLX and move the data to it and use that tag but just thought I'd check with some experts first!!

Thanks everyone!!

I think that FTView still allows you to use HMI tags (although direct references are allegedly all the rage). If so, you should be able to add HMI tags and name them as you wish as well as scale them and set up engineering units and other properties.

Thanks, guys! I had tried editing the description and it updates on the trend screen with the proper tag on the X-axis, but on the trend tree on the left-hand side it still just had my data array. Ops didn't like having to click through the array to read the proper one so i just made some new tags in the PLC.

It took me longer than I would like to admit to get the trends actually reading on the client though. Apparently if the model is already running it wouldn't update new tags added to it without stopping and starting it.

Just log the HMI Tags, and point the HMI tags to whatever.

The logger then reports whatever you called the HMI Tags.