Selectable language Switching

Mr.Adam

We are an OEM manufacture of RollForming equipment so we do things a little different than what most users on here would expect. We build product lines all the way from the base plates to the HMIs and we sell our products globally. Due to our global nature we have a need to provide Multi language support, that is not an issue, just exposition.

Due to how much product we produce and ship we are looking for ways to reduce our hands on time with our HMI builds. I build roughly 3 new HMIs a week for new products and because most of our products are cookie cutter (to a certain extent) each new build is based on a standard .apa we have developed in house to fit roughly 80% of our needs.

My latest time saving task is to enable a setup tech to configure the screen languages with button options in a super user level configuration screen. I can make the language switching work well enough by modifying a few lines in the startup macro, namely:

Code:
&Set /V Config\LanguageOffset 0
!&Set /V Config\LanguageOffset 100
!&Set /V Config\Language2Name "es-MX"
Language en-US
!Language es-MX
Pause 1

Where I turn the second language on by removing the comments from lines 2, 3, and 5. We have done it this way for years and it works, but it is time consuming when added to other items that require attention. My goal is reduce as much of this as possible and to make it all a touch screen configuration option. My first step in this process is make the "LanguageOffset" change from 0 to 100 or from 100 to 0 with a selection button depending on the demands (we also process the reselling of previously built equipment and occasionally they move between countries).

I have gotten this far:

Code:
If (Config\LanguageOffset == 0) Then (Config\LanguageOffset == 100) Else 0
Endif

It evaluates the expressions as true and goes to set the offset to 100 but then I get an error:

Code:
Invalid Expressions: '=100' Reason: 'Error at line 1, column 2:
Expression is empty of incomplete.'

it also reports "Tag read failed"

I am sure I am close to having this but the syntax is wrong and I am not seeing the issue, anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:
Take out one of the "=" when setting to 100, that should cure it.
(You're not comparing, you're assigning a value).

edit - I see rdrast beat me to typing the answer.

Last edited:
Man, i did not even post what software I was using. Factorytalk studio, BTW

But it looks like it was not even software related, that did it guys, Thanks!