Windows XP Home Edition and RSLinx Classic Light

jasonc

is there any version of RSLinx Classic Light that will install under Windows XP Home Edition? I have been googling around and it looks like that it will function on Windows XP Home. But I can't get past the installer. I have tried versions 2.52 and 2.53

Or am I hooped? :(

Thanks.

Well I have it loaded on my home PC which is running Windows XP Home.
It opens no problem but I can't remember if I have had it online to a PLC

My RSLinx version is 2.42, but any version should load, and the newer your PC is, you should use the newer version of RSLinx.
Its when you come to run it that Professional is more stable and in a work place is definately the only way to go.

If it is an older computer you may need later versions of Windows Explorer I think version 5 or greater,
and Acrobat reader version 4 or 5 or greater.

A stab in the dark.
Me thinks you may need to temporarily disable the windows firewall to do the installation.

Last edited:
The only thing i cant get to install on xp home is rsview ME...aside from that rs 500 and 5000 and linx works great..no errors

Gil47 said:
Well I have it loaded on my home PC which is running Windows XP Home.
It opens no problem but I can't remember if I have had it online to a PLC

My RSLinx version is 2.42, but any version should load, and the newer your PC is, you should use the newer version of RSLinx.
Its when you come to run it that Professional is more stable and in a work place is definately the only way to go.

The installer for 2.52 and 2.53 check your version of windows and refuse to install, so you *can't* install those versions on WindowsXP home.
I downloaded version 2.43.01 from Rockwell, installed fine, and seems to be working.

Good God, why would they possibly do that? Rockwell has been stating XP Pro as a system requirement long prior to 2.43 and implementations that enforce checks.

jasonc said:
I downloaded version 2.43.01 from Rockwell, installed fine, and seems to be working.

surferb said:
Good God, why would they possibly do that? Rockwell has been stating XP Pro as a system requirement long prior to 2.43 and implementations that enforce checks.

At a rough stab, I loaded the RSLinx from the same disk that had the 10point starter pack so can only assume it was to allow more people to become familiar with PLC's

$$$ Marketing ploy$ do pay off $$$