Sequencing one light with one push button S7

So I was able to figure it out using a bunch of timers and counters. It's poorly done but I didn't quite understand the state machine so I will look into it more since it seems like a powerful way to program. Again, I'm extremely new to this so I tried with what I knew. I figure you guys will probably rip me apart on this but this is what I was able to get done but I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Sequencer 1.png Sequencer 2.png Sequencer 3.png Sequencer 4.png

How did you test this?

The original spec had one button and one light - you are using two buttons and two outputs/lights.

You have two networks controlling the same coil (n/w 2 and n/w 5) - the last one will "win" so n/w 2 does nothing.

Consider your code well and truly ripped apart :)

For future reference, select Options/Customise from the ladder editor and select the option to generate source code automatically. Each time you save a block the source code will be written in the sources folder. Double click on the relevant source container and you can copy the source text and paste it into your post - that way we can generate your code typo free without having to enter it manually from your screen shots.

src.jpg

I did notice something funny about the original task. The way it is presented, makes every fourth push of the button seem to do nothing. It just advances in the sequence of events, no output changes.

I did notice something funny about the original task. The way it is presented, makes every fourth push of the button seem to do nothing. It just advances in the sequence of events, no output changes.

I noticed that too, but let it pass because so many people don't know how to formulate questions correctly. In my mind the sequence has already "stopped" after the 3 flashes from the third press, so you don't need to "stop" a "stopped" sequence....

Or, you could consider the fourth press to be a "reset" action, making the fifth press the start of the sequence again, flashing the light once.