Micrologix 1500 > PV1000 via DL3500

Adam_Oasis

Hi all,
Anyone manage to get this smorgasbord of hardware to cooperate with each other?

PLC - Micrologix 1500 1764-28BXBAA
CH1 config - DF1 Full Duplex, 19200 Source ID 1, no parity, no hnd shk, CRC

HMI - PV1000 Gray Keypad 2711-K10G8L1
DH+ terminal config - Node 2 57600
Network Node config- Node 1 SLC-5/04 (no micrologix available, maybe this makes it impossible but I thought it should work)

Equustek DL3500 Protocol Converter Allen Bradley DF1 to DH+

Operating Mode - DF1 via USB/Serial to DH+
DH+ config - Node 6 57.6KBaud
DF1 config 19.2kbaud, no parity 8N1 no hnd shk RS-232C
Adv config - CRC, ignore duplicate msg, no embed rsp, pass diagnostic
point to point full duplex

I've function tested the plc port and hmi port and know they are working.
I feel the DL3500 should work, I can see it from my laptop RSLinx, the auto config picks it up as a 1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANport.

I've put a bunch of time already into this and am beginning to think these devices simply are not compatible with each other or I'm missing something obvious, can anyone confirm this?

Adam

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum !

I think that the DL3500's DH+ node address should be the same as the target device in your PanelBuilder32 project file.

The DL3500 should accept an incoming DH+ message to its own DH+ node address, and send it to the MicroLogix via the DF1 Full Duplex serial port. When it gets a reply from the MicroLogix, it sends that back to the PanelView.

The request/reply matchup doesn't require a Node Number on the DF1 side; there's a "Transaction Sequence Number" that's part of the packet. The DL3500 knows it used "Transaction Number 1234" when it send the message that arrived from DH+ node 2 out the serial port, so when a reply to "Transaction Number 1234" arrives, it knows where to send it back to on DH+.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the reply and the kind welcome.

Unfortunately, these devices only seem to work one way.
I was able to upload/download from the Panelview through the device but no combination of serial settings would allow communications to the Micrologix.
Tech Support / Manual suggest it should work as long as serial settings match but I had no luck and will end up sending the DL3500 back and going with a Maple Systems HMI instead.

Thanks again!