What happened to the Graphite Core Controller ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone on the Forum used the Red Lion "Graphite Core Controller", part number GRAC0005 ?

My understanding of the Core controller was that it was functionally a Graphite HMI with a Web server instead of a video driver board. It had about the same footprint as the Graphite 7 inch touchscreen.

But now when I look at Red Lion's website, I see the Graphite HMI touchscreens, and the "Graphite Edge Controller" (which has all the ports on the front, not the bottom, and only one expansion I/O port). But not the "Core".

My guess is that the "Core" controller was functionally equivalent to a Graphite touchscreen with a "Crimson Control Module", but maybe made the product mix too broad and was discontinued.

You are of course correct on the C, not 0, in the part number. Maybe I do need new glasses.

But I think that the URL that starts with "tst.redlion...." is a test version of the website not meant for public access but still accessible and searchable. The exact same URL for the Graphite Controllers family with "www.redlion...." shows only the Edge controller.

It's not too important, I'm just curious to know about the recent history of the product lines.

I was at a panel shop and one of the guys showed me a control panel with a Graphite 7" HMI with a Crimson Control module and I/O modules plugged into the back. Most of his labor was going into wiring a harness from the door-mounted HMI to terminal blocks in the panel, which led to a discussion of the USB tethering and the E3 I/O products. His customer wanted a very small panel, in a very rough physical environment.