RS232 to 6 Pin Mini DIN.

HoldenC

Im having to re purpose some old PlantLinc 580 wireless IO extender boxes. Im having a little trouble trying to find a cable for them.

The manual states it requires a serial 6 pin mini din connector. So i bought one off ebay, however my computer wont pick up that the radio has been connected.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this ?

You should still be able to get the cable from Data-Linc Group. The mini din they use doesn't follow any specific specification with regards to pin out so getting one from anywhere else will likely not work.

Thanks for the info.

I actually Contacted Data-Linc last week for the software, which they provided free of charge. I asked about the cable and I was told I could just order any 6 pin MINI din connector, Im not realizing that was a mistake. On the phone they did say that they didn't make a cable for it, they just order them from a supplier. I was hoping I could find the correct cable for it. I guess Ill be better off ordering one.

I was able to get a pinout of the cable from Data-Linc group. It doesnt match the cable I have. IM having a hard time locating one. Here is the pinout.

DB9 Female mDIN6
2---------------------1
3---------------------3
5---------------------5

Looks like Pins 2, 4, and 6 are all tired together on the DIN connector.

If you need a hundred let me know and we can make them (and thanks Bob)

If you need one.... buy one of these and cut off the end of the cable you bought and ohm out the cable then land them were needed

https://www.winford.com/products/brkexd9.php

For the ones jumpered together you can do it in the DB9 shell or land them on a pin thats not used