Vijeo Citect and unity pro memory mapping

ashu2shreya

Hi guys!
I am working with Unity pro and Vijeo citect. I am getting TT input on PLC analog input model addressd as %IW0.1.0 where in the citect same tag addressed as 400701 which is working fine. So my question is memory address should be same or different,if not how that memory mapping has done?

Hi guys!
I am working with Unity pro and Vijeo citect. I am getting TT input on PLC analog input model addressd as %IW0.1.0 where in the citect same tag addressed as 400701 which is working fine. So my question is memory address should be same or different,if not how that memory mapping has done?

Which driver are you using ?

If you are using the native Modnet (modbus) drivers you will need to map the %IW0.1.0 to a %MW location to expose it to Citect as the IW is the raw output of the analogue channel, Modbus knows nothing about %IW

You may be able to get it if you are using OFS but i don't use that so can't comment

%IW is mapped to 3x registers if you're using mixed topology.

However it looks to me like in the PLC program there must be a scaling or MOV instruction in use if you're reading 4x registers.

Go into Unity Pro, open the variable editor and sort by address. Find the tag with a %MW700 address and initialise search. You'll then find the logic writing that tag and can figure out what is happening.