RS422 and 5 euro wires

krome

I have a 5 wire euro that need to be connected to an rs485 but I don’t have one I was wondering if I can use a rs422 if so how will I connect the 3 wires to the rs422. I have an external power supply for the equipment already(12VDC) the 5 euro wire are as follow
1) +10 thrue 30V dc input
2) rs485/d1/B/+
3)dc common (GND)
4) rs485/do/A/-
5) comms gnd

The rs422 has 5 connection where the three wire can go, which are as follow
Tx+
Tx-
Gnd
Rcv+
Rcv-

How can I connect it if I can work and would I need a special drive beside the one I usually use for the rs422

Thanks for your help!!!

Impossible to know if it will work.
RS-485 is by definition a tristatable communications buff, based on differential signals. That is why on RS-485, you can use 2 or 4 wire.. 2 wire becomes half-duplex, and works by tieing the Tx+ to RX+, and the TX- to RX-. For 2 wire RS-485, you must have a bus devices that understand the need to switch between floating the TX outputs or not.

RS-422 is based on nearly the same differential signal levels, but in general has no provision for being tristatable, and always operates in a full duplex mode (between master and slave(s) ).

Many interfaces are indeed convertable, as the signal levels are similar, but ONLY if they can properly handle tri-stating.

The best answer for you would be to contact the equipment manufacturers.