ProWORX NxT Activation

aiki202

I am trying to activate ProWORX NxT on a Win 7 OS (I know it is not supposed to work but this is not my issue). When I activate it under my log in it opens fine but no one else that logs in to the same PC has the activation (only my profile). Anyone know how to activate the software to allow All Users access? I know it can be done as we have other PCs with this capability.

I am a long time AB person...new to Modicon & ProWORX.

Thanks in advance!

aiki202, Did you have any luck finding the problem? We're having the same issue. Just moved to a Windows 7 box using the move procedure they outlined in their instructions. The first user registered has access, but no one else. Support hasn't responded to any tickets...

Thanks!

The work around is to have each person log in (each profile) and activate the software from the local license key file. As you may already know ProWORX NxT support ended a long time ago.

Also, for us it is hit or miss with using Win7 and Ethernet connectivity to go online with PLCs. My laptop seems to work most of the time while others always have issues. We all keep our PCs up to date with MS updates...same anti-virus software...but something is apparently different between the same physical model laptops. Just though I would mention it. We have not found a solution to this.

We are looking at upgrading to Unity or moving to Rockwell.

Hope this helps.

Thanks aiki202 for the information. We were migrating from another installation and the site ID appears to be different for each user. The migration utility migrates from one site id to another site id... Because the site id appears to be different for each user, the license file get's denied. We're still attempting contact with support.. sigh. Your information is very helpful and we appreciate your sharing.

Thanks!

We had the same problem and even had it with Proworx32 (a true piece of garbage software). We eventually changed to PLC Workshop for Modicon, but that is an expensive option.

Check your private messages.