Momentum - is battery backup option module necessary?

tgreif

I'm aware that the Momentum RAM needs to be battery backed to hold the register values. But if we backup the application program to the NV Flash memory, is the battery option module necessary? We use a small UPS inside the panel for power conditioning and short duration outages. As long as we can load the application program from Flash, do we really need the battery module?

No.

The battery maintains the real time clock and the state RAM values when the processor is powered down.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, I appreciate it. That's what I assumed, but just wanted confirmation for my peace of mind.

Similar Topics

This is my third attempt at posting. The forum ate my homework the first TWO times...:furi: I am using a Schneider / Momentum M1 processor model...
Replies
Views
I have a 170AAO92100 card that I am interested in using as a 10 volt output. Is there setup that I have to do in order to change output or simply...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, Has anyone configured a Momentum high speed counter on Unity 13.1. We need the wiring diagram for Momentum High speed counter and...
Replies
Views
Trying to identify the Modbus RTU registers that are in use in the Function block programming in the PLC program. I have a Kohler DEC 550...
Replies
Views
I am not too familiar with the Schneider family of PLCs .. but I have a client that wants to upgrade from a Momentum to something newer. They had...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom