AB 1769L35E to Ultra 3000i Servo Drive DeviceNet error 91

ChrisPulman

After successfully communicating with the Allen Bradley Ultra 3000i 2098-DSD-010X-DN over DeviceNet via a 1769-SDN :) I preceded to configure the parameters for the drive for I/O Messages as follows:
đź“š
I set Parameter 7 = Assembly Instance 9, Parameter 8 = Assembly Instance 13, Parameter 9 = Assembly Instance 13 I then power cycled the device, :mad: thereon I was unable to communicate to the device via DeviceNet.

Upon power up the 1769-SDN has the Network LED on permanently and is displaying error 91 the 1769-SDN is set to Node 00 and the Ultra 3000i to Node 01 the terminating resistors are present at either end of the 1 meter network cable measuring 60 Ohms between Can_H and Can_L there is 24 Volts DC across V+ and V-.
:mad:
Any help on how to recover the drive from this situation would be great.

Error 91 indicates a problem with the network. Do you have an isolated 24V supply for the network power? What baud rate are you running? I have had trouble with the Auto baud rate recognition on the Ultra 3000's so I always use the fixed settings.

A new network

Thanks for comming back so soon.
I haven't came accross this error. I'm still trying to find out how the ultra3000 servo works in a devicenet controled by a 1769-L31 PLC.

Regards,
Miguel Ferreira
(MifPT)

If you don't have the "Error 91" indication, then your problem is not the same as the original poster and you should not ask for help "sorting the same problem".

Instead, you have a system that includes similar components, and you need to ask a different, detailed question. "How does this work ?" will only get you links to the User Manuals and Reference Manuals.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/2098-rm004_-en-e.pdf

The first questions I would be asking if I were in Technical Support are:

"Are you creating a new system or troubleshooting an existing system ?"
"Describe the functional problems you are experiencing."
"Describe the indicator lamp and indicator display status on the 1769-SDN and on the Ultra 3000i drive."
"Are you familiar with RSNetworx for DeviceNet ? Do you have a current copy of the parameter and scanlist configurations of the 1769-SDN and the Ultra 3000i?"