codesys V2.3 with FactoryTalk (OPC server)

Silence89e

hi.... i have an urgent problem, the case is am trying to connect FactoryTalk View 5.10 hmi with codesys v2.3, but i cant import tags from codesys to factorytalk.
codesys has an OPC server, and thus it should allow it to cannect to the factorytalk.

so what should i do???? pleas....

best regards.

I may be missing something, but I think the factorytalk will only import tags from Allen Bradley products. If I am wrong, could someone please say. I have only used this with Allen Bradley.
For Codesys to other HMIs, I usually have to enter stuff by hand. I speed this process up using spread sheets to create text files of tags that can then be imported into both the HMI and Codesys.
If I were you, I would try to first setup a single read and a single write tag manually, and then test your system to see if it works.
Sorry, but I don't think you are going to have an easy time of it.

Are you setting up Modbus comms through OPC server
I have used KEPServer 4.6 for Twido to Panel veiw Plus
it has a large variety - But no Codesys - sorry

Last edited:
I may be missing something, but I think the factorytalk will only import tags from Allen Bradley products. If I am wrong, could someone please say. I have only used this with Allen Bradley.
For Codesys to other HMIs, I usually have to enter stuff by hand. I speed this process up using spread sheets to create text files of tags that can then be imported into both the HMI and Codesys.
If I were you, I would try to first setup a single read and a single write tag manually, and then test your system to see if it works.
Sorry, but I don't think you are going to have an easy time of it.
thanks Doug Adam for your reply...
i have seen somewhere that factorytalk can connect to any application that have an OPC server, but i am having a real hard time here.
rdrast, a member here, told me i may be possible.
i know its better to use factorytalk with AB products, but in my situation i have a licensed factorytalk and an ABB PLC, this PLC uses Codesys as its programming software but its HMI is very poor.

do you know a better software to program ABB PLCs that have a good HMI or can be easily connected to factorytalk??

Are you setting up Modbus comms through OPC server
I have used KEPServer 4.6 for Twido to Panel veiw Plus
it has a large variety - But no Codesys - sorry
thanks iant...
no actually am having an ABB PLC, this PLC uses Codesys as its programming software but its HMI is very poor.

do you know a better software to program ABB PLCs that have a good HMI or can be easily connected to factorytalk??

Kep server May Help
There is no direct Twido or ABB Driver - But it works
So E/Net Kepserver runs with FActory talk.
you need to set up Modbus over e/Net that requires the IP addresses correctly.
try it it may work
But I googled ABB opc server - some PDF's and othr details available

You may want to post this on the CoDeSys forum. They have a specific subject heading subgroup for OPC issues.
http://forum-en.3s-software.com/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=31c2b53c0be19587a07679d2b42974ae

We use HMIs from Beijer, Exor, Eaton (Microinnovation), and Bosch Rexroth (branded Suetron hardware) to communicate with CoDeSys PLCs. These have drivers that allow you to import the symbol file from your CoDeSys build into the software.

HTB

You may want to post this on the CoDeSys forum. They have a specific subject heading subgroup for OPC issues.
http://forum-en.3s-software.com/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=31c2b53c0be19587a07679d2b42974ae

We use HMIs from Beijer, Exor, Eaton (Microinnovation), and Bosch Rexroth (branded Suetron hardware) to communicate with CoDeSys PLCs. These have drivers that allow you to import the symbol file from your CoDeSys build into the software.

HTB
nice idea ndzied1.... thanx, i'll go and see how it goes.