2 TIA projects combined due to S7 Connections in project

userxyz

Hi,

We received from a system integrator a combined project of 2 1500 CPU's and 2 PC's with OPC connections to the CPU's.

We would like (for our standard) to separate both projects from eachother. We cannot do this at this moment because the 2 PC's have connections to both PLC's.

Could we change the S7 Connection between the OPC Server in the PC and the 1500 to a unspecified link to CPU/PLC ?

Opinions on what we can do ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Combo

If the customer expects fully configured connections, you have to have these connections in your project, and download them to the CPUs in question.
But you can split into 2 projects, each with 1 S7 CPU and 2 PCs.
Just be sure that the connection IDs are not changed.

If you want to change to usnpecified connections, then your customer must do the same.

If your customer wants to be able to browse OPC tags by the symbols in the PLC, then it must be a fully specified connection (*) you have to either generate the PC Station incl. the OPC connections, or provide the TIA projects to him.

*: It is also possible to export the symbols, at least in STEP7 Classic it was possible, probably also in TIA, but I have no experience with that.