PLC5, DNET to 1305 drive Help needed

Bern

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for some help. My boss decided that since I’ve seen a PLC once that I can just jump in on any PLC and figure it out…This time I am way in over my head.

At the onset the problem seemed simple to fix. There is a depallitizer that places product onto a conveyor in bulk. The product is conveyed forward to a “T” of two conveyors that run in opposite direction from each other. These conveyors move product onto two single laner conveyors. With most products they wish to continue running product onto both Lanes A & B. However with certain products they can only run on Line A. They would like to have the two conveyors that typically run in opposite directions to run in the same direction so all product coming from the depal goes to Lane A. Currently when they shut down Lane B they need to install a diverter to keep product off of the stopped cross conveyor but this leads to some jams at times.

Simply they wish to have conveyor “7103” run and run in the opposite direction from what it normally does when they shut down Lane B. Everything else to run or be shut down as it currently is when Lane A only is selected.

They are running a PLC 5/80 with DNET communications out to AB 1305 drives. The program is thousands of rungs of code. I’ve been looking at the program for 3 days now and Friday is the day that was promised to have this completed. I can’t seem to find anywhere in the program a place to allow me to change the direction bit to the drive. I believe the 1305 logic bits to change direction are bits 4 & 5 (10=Reverse and 01=Forward). There is an N100 integer file for DNET Start/Stop/Setpoint on drives but when I look at it I don’t see where I can make a change. In fact, I don’t even know if this is where I would have to make a change.

My question is, would someone be willing to take a look at the program and maybe point me in the right direction. Although there is no real proprietary info in the program I was given permission to email it to individuals but not post it openly on the net.

I’ve used the resources of this forum several times to help me learn more about PLC’s and I appreciate the consistently great and timely help many of the members have shared along with their countless hours of time. If someone can help me out I would be thankful.

Bernie