1734-aent connection problem

I'm Relatively new to the Point I/O platform but I think It's done in 5000 1734-AENTR module properties -> Change [Lower left corner] while offline. Then you will need to download.

As far as I know the chassis size can only be set through the web browser and RSLogix 5000. It's been some time since I have attempted to use the web browser because of java becoming unsupported. With RSLogix 5000, open the project that is referencing the pointIO. While offline, find the AENT in the IO tree on the left of the screen and right click to open properties. In the "General" tab of the properties, in the module definition box, click "Change". The pulldown will adjust the chassis size to your liking. After setting the correct chassis size, (number of modules plus AENT) click "Apply" and download project. If the processor is in run mode, it will switch to program mode. Go online with the processor after downloading the updated chassis size and right click the AENT again and open properties. Click the far right tab "Chassis Size" and click "Set Chassis Size In Module". You're done now.

Last edited:
Can you see the web page if you browse to the address? If you can and you have the credentials (assuming they were changed from the default), under the configuration tab, click Identity. Chassis Size is one of the fields. After input of your chassis size, click apply changes.

After all these years, you still having problem with the 1734-AENT? and I can not bend my neck to look at your picture.
I propose you to change it to 1784-AENT, it will definitely be better and you can learn much more

I don't know what age of software you have. As far as I know, the 1734-AENT Chassis size has always been settable using RSLinx Classic.

I dusted off a 1734-AENT Series A manufactured in December 2011 to be sure. This module has version 3.011 firmware in it.

When you right-click on the 1734-AENT in RSLinx, there should be a selectable option for Module Configuration, which should have three tabs: General, Port Configuration, and Chassis Configuration.

I'm not sure what circumstances would cause the Chassis Configuration to not show in this configuration applet.

RSLinx_AENT_Chassis.PNG