Rsview ME to Logix 5000

Ker25

I have a project where i am communicating through ethernet to a Logix 5000 processor from a PanelView Plus 1000. In the past, i have sucessfully setup SLC 5/04 processors with panelview plus. Therefore i was wondering how different is the tag addressing in rsview studio for the Logix 5000. For ex, a typical addressing for a SLC 5/04 would be "::[shortcut_name]N7:0" Basically i am concern about accessing program and controller tags. Thanks in advance!

Without going into a long winded explanation, I suggest you look up the help files on the topic of "direct tags", and "opc tag browsing".

The whole point of the Factory Talk feature is to allow you to directly browse the online processor (or offline project file) to directly grab tags to animate your graphics. Once you are using this method then your question simply goes away, because the software will automatically create exactly the right formatting.