You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Canalta
Canada

AB 1746-N18 flashing light

Hi,

I have an issue with an Allen Bradley SLC 500 system.

There is an analog input card (4-20mA) that has a flashing light. The light is for channel (terminal 4)and the light is a steady flash.

Is it flashing because there is a fault on that channel of the card? Or is it because it isn't getting the minimum 4 mA?

Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Lancie1
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Check the user manual for the 1746-NI8 Analog Input Module to find out what the flashing light means. I will see if I have a copy. If so, I will look it up for you. From the Allen Bradley SLC 500 Analog Input Module 1746-NI8":

Quote:
A failure of any channel diagnostic test causes the faulted channel
status LED to blink. All channel faults are indicated in bits 12–15 of the channel’s status word. Channel faults are self-clearing. When the fault conditions are corrected, the channel status LED will stop blinking and resume steady illumination.
Important: If you clear (0) a channel enable bit (11) all channel status information is reset. The module has nine LEDs. Eight of these are channel status LEDs numbered to correspond to each of the input channels, and one is a module status LED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1746-NI8 Analog Input Module LED Indicators.JPG (57.2 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Lancie1; January 4th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum