Micrologix 1500 config. trouble

David,
You are very close on the path. On my computer it is:
"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix500 English\Projects\.

I think that what gmultani meant by "how to find orignal file" was "How do I find a copy of the original RSLogix program that someone else wrote and loaded onto this PLC". That is always an interesting question. If it was done inside the company, then there should be a copy saved somewhere. Check the computer drive and file cabinets of the last guy who had your job before you arrived on the scene.

Lancie1,

You are correct, there are always cubbyholes and disks lying around everywhere. But on a change of guard like that, this is problematic at best. What he could do for himself is find the prints for whatever item he is working on, and at the very least, document the I/O in his spare time.

Then upon further study of the program, just make little notes to it as he works with it to try to identify the various logic and what it does. And then, eventually, he will have not only a greater understanding of the machine, but a documented program.

David

Hi David & Lancei,

Thanks for your great help. Regarding documentation i will try physically from plc I/O.
gmultani52

Hi DAVID68124. I got a problem with a micrologix 1500. I would like to know if you could help me, please. I don't know how to conect the imputs and the ouputs to a project I did before using a siemens PLC. I don't understand the connecctions diagrams of this PLC Allen Bradley in order to conect my imputs and outputs. At least one, in order to make a test. I hope you could help me. Thanks.