get the decimal value from HMI to Mitsubishi PLC FX2Nc PLC

pajiyar

Dear all

I am trying to get the decimal value like 1.2 or 2.5 into Mitsubishi FX2N PLC (like D40) from HMI software NI Lookout6.2 for comparision with data obtained from analog module saved into variable like D1 or D2. My problem is that when I move the knob to 1.2 value or input decimal value in lookout which is saved in variable like D40, knob value reverts to 1.0 or 2.0 after releasing the knob button or input value goes back to full value, it seems that decimal value is discarded by PLC so that Lookout just shows the complete number not the number with decimal part.

Am I doing something wrong with choosing the variable type selection in PLC or 16bit or 32bit variable are not selected correctly. When I input full number like 1,2,3 is compares well with the data stored in analog module variable D1,D2,D3.

Thanks for any suggestion!

First of all you need a float (two D Memories)
Not familure with that HMI but using beijers you can use decimal point on an integer it just displays it as float. I.e. if you display 1.2 on hmi then the value in plc is 12
It depends on the HMI but for true floats you need to set the HMI variable to floating point this will use Dx & Dx+1 to use the float in the FX you will need to use the floating point instructions like DDEV, DAAD etc.