Retrieving data from SQL database using Crimson Red Lion

elirofu

Hello to all, this is my first post, but many times I had found help on this helpful forum!

Currently I'm using a PTV from Red Lion controls, what I want is:

Retrieving a integer or string value stored on a SQL database. I Know that Crimson 3.0 writes data to SQL database but in this case I need read data from the database.

I'm wondering:
- Maybe a custom script for read tables?
- Could be using Raw Ethernet Port?
- Maybe Modbus?
- What about OPCWorx from Red Lion?

Could you guys suggest something??

Thank you all!!
Joe.

P.s.: The English is not my first language.

What I'm trying to do is the following:

Maybe write some service on C# that runs on the same pc where the SQL database resides, that service could query the table of the SQL database and send the value consulted over Modbus TCP/IP to the PTV?

It makes sense??

Another option I'm thinking is:
Create a .csv file in the SQL Server (that .csv file will contain 5 values "1,2,3,4,5")
then
use FTP functions from Crimson 3.0 and download the FTP file to compact flash card on the PTV
then
Open the file downloaded and use string functions to read the values. It makes sense?

Thanks in advanced.

I think creating a text file output from the SQL database and using the Red Lion to access it over FTP and parse the values is the best approach.

Thank you all guys for your great ideas!

we had tested both (Modbus and FTP) and it worked awesome!!!

I will share some images of our system when we finish it.

Thank you all!!
Jose.