Double precision float to a single precision float Micrologix 1100

deadlyAxolotl

Is there any simple way to convert a Double precision floating point to a single precision float due to the Micrologix limitation that it only supports IEEE 754.
I am reading density from a sensor via Modbus. For example, I read the hexadecimal value: 3FB7440962841440 with which I should get a float of: 0.0908819070355813, I don't mind losing precision but manual conversion is driving me crazy. If you have an easier way to do it I would appreciate it.

What brand of sensor are you reading from? I have done this with a ML1100 and a Micro Motion Sensor with no trouble. If I remember correctly they have both single and double precision registers you can read.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am reading in four 16 bit signed numbers over modbus into four memory locations in RSLogix 5000. This is the value for the Standard...
Replies
Views
Are there standard libraries that manage double precision arithmetic (64 bits float) in SCL or similar for the S7400 PLC (that manages float of 32...
Replies
Views
What is the simples way to do a double click of a button in a ladder logic. New here and I hope this has not been asked before.
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm keep getting double quotes in between selections rather than the beginning and the end. Here's the script and please help to find...
Replies
Views
Hi! I am using a TM200CE40T PLC from Schneider to write data over Modbus. I have used Memory words (%MW) before using the Write variable...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom