S7 routing, how to do in TIA portal

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Folks,

I have an older S7-300 and HMI that have been "upgraded" to TIA portal version 15.0.
There is a 343-1 card in the Rack and I can access the CPU via profinet. The HMI is connected via Profibus DP.

In Step-7 you could add your PG to netpro and access the HMI via profinet.

How is this done in TIA? I have assigned the HMI an IP address in the hardware and the HMI has been configured with an IP address in the field.

For trouble shooting, I want to launch the HMI screen on the PG.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Folks,

I have an older S7-300 and HMI that have been "upgraded" to TIA portal version 15.0.
There is a 343-1 card in the Rack and I can access the CPU via profinet. The HMI is connected via Profibus DP.

In Step-7 you could add your PG to netpro and access the HMI via profinet.

How is this done in TIA? I have assigned the HMI an IP address in the hardware and the HMI has been configured with an IP address in the field.

For trouble shooting, I want to launch the HMI screen on the PG.

Any help is much appreciated.

Assuming all devices are TIA? Mixed config is possible, but way more complicated.

In TIA, make sure all involved interfaces are connected to subnets (networks tab). Ensure the project has been downloaded to all devices. Then try to DL to the HMI, choosing the PN subnet as your first step (which I assume you are connected to). The HMI should show up under accessible devices.

See SIOS link:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ru/en/view/109736340

mk42, Perfect, just what I needed.

Thanks!

Welcome! The network view combines NetPro and about half of the Simatic Manager HW config, with the device view giving you the other half of the old HW config.

Net pro used to be this thing you pulled out when you really need to, whereas now it's baked in and way more straightforward. Unless you're expecting the hard way.