To Compile an RSLogix file

Good, that what it was

Now when I try to open converted versions of the same project, I am starting to get "Failed to open the FT Private Directory for the.......application.

I have had several of them doo this and its starting to get very fustrating.

I have checked the files do exist and with back ups.

Please advise

opps.

sorry, im muti tasking

short version. using RSLogix micro, FTV, and RS500 Emulator, 4 plc's, one HMI,

Ken helped me open the FTV to communicate with the emulator.

realized I was working with a version that was twice removed from the final.

I went into the USB stick to Retrive the final version of FTV, ran it thru the applications manager, , open view studio, found the file, tried to open it, the got the msg I posted above.

thanks for your patients.

Updated Information Request

Hi,

Sorry I know this is an old post but the link to the PDF you've listed is no longer accessible. Is it possible you could post another link or upload the PDF to this board for future reference? I'm having a similar issue.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Sorry I know this is an old post but the link to the PDF you've listed is no longer accessible. Is it possible you could post another link or upload the PDF to this board for future reference? I'm having a similar issue.

Thank you in advance.

The PDF is about setting up for emulation.

The error is about standing edits. Look for edits in your program. See page 2 of PDF

See link for the pdf..

https://grace.bluegrass.kctcs.edu/~...SLogix_Emulation_(SLC500&Micrologix_1000).pdf

Last edited:
Working with the same issue

It sounds like we're working in similar situations. I'm just getting started and have tried a variety of software packages and simulators. I got one installed and tested today that shows some promise. We should collaborate.

There are some bugs in this version.
I too had a problem with compile, however, I found that you load your project in RS500, open up the emulator but do not load the file.
Then go on-line and download, tried this in the coms but gave me the error then tried in the list box go on-line but download it worked.
I tried to load an existing project that was a 1000 and I had simulated it before it told me it could not simulate this processor ;) Then I created a new project as a 1000, downloaded it and went on-line fine, closed that project opened up the one that said it was not supported, again went on-line to download it worked. On mine it appears if you use Comms\ Download first time it does not work but once this has been tried create a new project & download via the drop down on the left it works. very buggy in my opinion.

This is what I missed:

Now for the moment we’ve all been waiting for--- creating some ladder logic. Open the RSLogix Micro software with the START > All Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLogix Micro English > RSLogix Micro English shortcut. Create a brand new project by pulling down the File menu and selecting New. Every project must start with a designated processor.Â

RSLogix New Project

In my case I’ve chosen the simplest MicroLogix 1000 and then clicked the OK button. FYI, if you ever work with the purchased version of RSLogix 500 then there will be a lot more items in this hardware list. A blank project now opens up.

RSLogix Blank Project

Let’s make a simple rung to test in our emulator. Make sure the cursor is on the rung with the END on it and then click the New Rung icon in the instruction toolbar.

It didn;t copy the graphic
I'll try a screenshot