Temposonics sensor GHT0085UD601DE4

jonney

I had one Temposonics sensor GHT0085UD601DE4.

DEx means: PWM, external interrogation, the X denotes the number of circulations in hexadecimal (1 to F), and G = 16, K = 20 circulations.

My question is that the ControlLogix5K (L71) I/O can receive the PWM signal? A special converter needs?

Last edited:
You should have a look at this data sheet if you haven't:
https://www.mtssensors.com/portals/...-Series_GP_GH_Analog_Start_Stop_550959_EN.pdf

With External excitation, the controller or converter sends out a pulse (The Start Signal) and the transducer sends back a pulse whose on-time (the pulse width) indicates the position of the magnet.

Your best bet would be to have a purpose built Input card for this type of transducer or change to an analog transducer.

You should have a look at this data sheet if you haven't:
https://www.mtssensors.com/portals/...-Series_GP_GH_Analog_Start_Stop_550959_EN.pdf

With External excitation, the controller or converter sends out a pulse (The Start Signal) and the transducer sends back a pulse whose on-time (the pulse width) indicates the position of the magnet.

Your best bet would be to have a purpose built Input card for this type of transducer or change to an analog transducer.
Do you mean GHT0085UD601DE4 can be re-configured as Analog output instead of PWM output?

Start/Stop has nothing to do with PWM and you need a RS-422 driver chip and a microcontroller in order be able to interface with the sensor. It's not going to work with a PLC. We use a lot of them with start/stop interface and special card we have developed.
It seems that MTS has the same sensor with analog output probably 4-20mA and this is what you need.

My question is that the ControlLogix5K (L71) I/O can receive the PWM signal? A special converter needs?
The simple answer is no. Temposonic used to sell DPM boxes that converted the signal to analog but this is old 1980 technology.

Norm said nothing about start/stop. He is correct the PWM return pulse is started with a start pulse. A high speed counter input is required to measure the width/duration of the PWN pulse. We typically use 240 MHz which provides about 12 micron resolution.

16 recirculations is too long for motion control applications.