SEW Movidrive IPOS

JMorgan42837

Hi All,

I'm in desperate need of help! On a customer site they have two movidrives linked together using an application module called "DriveSync". The problem is that the "slave" drive doesn't trigger binary output 05 even though the set point and actual position are okay (within a tolerance window).

I've noticed from the parameter tree the binary output 05 is being set from IPOS program but i cant for the life of me find out where or how its being set.

Has anyone on this forum have much experience with SEW drives? i for one have very little!

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

James

Which drive units are they? Movidrve B? (MDX61B?) Check out the H registers, for example H480 and H481 (H481.5 is DO05). You can use a bit set or bit clear on these to change the state of outputs. Alternatively check to see if there is a define which assigns it to a variable. There are a number of people familiar with these drives on this forum if you want to post the .ipc or assembly code.

Manual here: https://download.sew-eurodrive.com/download/pdf/11645415.pdf

I would also check in the Parameter Tree (Folder 05.) for the output being turned on. You might just have a wiring problem or damaged output. If you want a way to test this, you can use the "Manual" operation to turn that output on and check for a physical change of state.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Thanks for the manuals, they pointed us towards how the DO was set in the IPOS program. Seems the conditions were "altered" by the customer when they had a go at the issue themselves.

Thanks guys!