Control Techniques Unidrive M700 - Modbus/TCP slave address

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a manual on this drive, but does anyone know how to set the slave address? I have a customer attempting to talk to drive with modbus, our modbus client does not like the slave address to be 0.

Even with TCP, there is a slave address (unit ID) associated with it. The library that our software uses does not allow a slave address (unit ID) of 0, it must be 1-255 even in TCP mode.

I just solved this for a customer (Maybe your's?)

Set your program (Master) for a slave address of 255, and it works.

The CT Ethernet module does not have a slave address parameter. It will listen to a slave address 0 (all), but will not report to anything but 255 (as far as I know).

Hope it helps...

I just solved this for a customer (Maybe your's?)

Set your program (Master) for a slave address of 255, and it works.

The CT Ethernet module does not have a slave address parameter. It will listen to a slave address 0 (all), but will not report to anything but 255 (as far as I know).

Hope it helps...

Yes it works at 255. I believe we solved it for the same person. :)

wago pfc200 to Unidrive M700 unit id

It took me a while to get a wago pfc200 using codesys based e!****pit to talk to the unidrive m700 modbus slave, but ended up using unit id 0. the control techniques manual ethernet module docuementation leads you to believe unit id 4 will work since the wago plc is pointed at the built in ethernet adapter (slot 4), but unfortunately that setting is "welsh trap" set to waste your time with hours and hours of troubleshooting:mad:o_O:mad:

I need your help abot tis:
A One step lift with unidrive M700 06400470 ( 47 Amper)
In auto tune both static and rotary motor run from about 1400rpm to zero and success results well done.
But in normal use In any condition and any state the motor speed is under 40 rpm ; even with changing many parameters like clamp speed , fed back controls, and many other settings never achieve an upper than about 40 rpm.
When adjusting the feedback system based on manual in endat even with adjust all parameters drive crash with: trip encoder 4.1.
only on scendat Drive run and display the correct speed motor( but under 40 rpm).
Attention if the current from nominal current of motor ( 14.4 A ) adjusts in more than permission ( 47 A) speed of motor increases about to 100rpm.But never can't achieve 1450rpm.
I checked more and more parameters in many menus but couldn't find the desired reason.
Please guide me on which parameters should be set.
If possible set it on a program project and replay.
Thank you.
Motor:
3~ 400v /1450rpm / 14.4 A cos .84

Heidenhain EQN 425 2 27s17 ID: 1109258-50

The drive will probably never autotune a motor with a rating of less than 1/3 of its rating. The resolution of the current transducers is not fine enough. Typically, the most you can oversize the drive and successfully autotune the motor would be a drive 2x the motor current rating.

A Resistance fault means the motor resistance is too high for the inverter. Check all the connections for a loose terminal. Check the windings for one that is different than the other 2. Could be a bad motor.