GX developer software down load from laptop USB to FX3U-80M PLC using USB serial conv

patil

I am having problem to write program(Down load) on FX3U-80M mistubhishi PLC using USB to serial converter since my LAPTOP is not having serial port.But in my other PC which one is having serial port I am able to down load the program.Using same USB to serial converter I can download E-300 beijer MMI from same lap top.I am using the followng procedure to download program from laptop to PLC using GXdeveloper version 8.Online > transfer Setup.Following message is displayed cannot communicate with PLC execute again after checking the connection with PLC <ES:01802007>.Is any guy help me how to down load using USB to serial converter?

Have you set up the correct com port in GX Dev, it will be different to the 'real' com port on your other laptop. go to Control Panel,System,Device manager, Ports.. you should be able to see the com port. change the Gx Dev setting to match this.

Have you set up the correct com port in GX Dev, it will be different to the 'real' com port on your other laptop. go to Control Panel,System,Device manager, Ports.. you should be able to see the com port. change the Gx Dev setting to match this.
Also, make sure you use the same USB port on your PC every time or you will have to go into device manager again to find the com port allocated.:unsure:

Dear Patil,
Hope your problem solved.
If not please update on the forum.
I am also from Pune, you may contact me on my cell (9921583535).
Bye,
Riyaz.

Dear Patil,
Hope your problem solved.
If not please update on the forum.
I am also from Pune, you may contact me on my cell (9921583535).
Bye,
Riyaz.

Hi Riyaz,

i got the same problem. and the thing is that particular error came only after enabling particular output.

Kindly help me

Es: 01802007

I have the same problem, But i can connect to the PLC the issue is when I want to DOwnload the program I have this error please help...

cannot download.JPG connection test.JPG

There can be a number of problems that cause this error.
1. Ensure the correct com port is selected (usually 3,4,5 etc.).
2. The virtual com port is working.
3. The correct settings (although the FX defaults to 9600 the software will try at default and then somehow it sets the FX to communicate at the rate selected i.e. 19200 etc.
4. Check the usb driver for GX Dev/Works is installed correctly.
5. Some older models of the USB /232 chips do not support win 10 (had this although it worked at first, an update for win 10 stopped it working correctly). if it is the prolific chipset, get the latest one that was designed for Win 10 they are cheap I got one that works well from Amazon a VTOP .
The PLC does default to 9600 when powered up, Beijers & GX both can change the baud rate of the FX, had a problem some years ago, used a ethernet to 422 converter and decided to set the speed at 19200, this was the rate I used on GX, It worked but after a power outage it stopped working. eventually found it would work at 9600 even on a power down & up, never found out how GX & Beijers send code to the PLC to change the rate but it does, I also tried to find a way of setting the port in the program but could only do that on the expansion port not on the programming port.

I guess there is something to do with the OS I am using windows 10, will try to use my xp laptop see what will happen thanks

I cannot download, the program is already erased machine battery already drain. If I try connection test with the PLC it is good (successfully connected with the FX2NC cpu), but if I will download the program that was sent by the machine OEM it is showing (<ES:01802007) Please see photo.

connection test.JPG cannot download.JPG

Last edited:
There are a number of possibilities I can think of,
1. It could be you have the on-line edits set so go to Tools => Options => Select don't write to PLC. If it is in this mode then only small edits can be done while on-line i.e. 500 bytes.
The program you have is too large for the PLC, It cold be that the PLC had expansion ram in it etc. also try writing only the program not the parameters etc. an alternative is if you could zip & post the code I could look at it and try it on an FX3U.
Just make sure you have the com settings as default.

Hi it is in .rar i cannot attached it not accepted here. Can I send it to your email instead. I try loading a simple program there is no issue.

IMG_0762.JPG

Last edited: