HMI to Digital IO's without a PLC?

Looking at the program I sent, I think I made a mistake. Edit the direction setting of the status block in MOD1 and MOD2 to be Device to G304K2

SWEET! Thanks so much .. I would like to think I would have found it.. It's so obvious .. those are the very tags that are needed to read the status.. DUH.. it's in the title! The all being ON threw me.. was starting to think something was wrong with the module.

Well, chelton, I hope you get to work with Red Lion some day.. they are really awesome. My only work with them is with my small non-profitable company Micro Oceans (microoceans.com)

Spent years making waves with Tolamatic, Siemens, Omron, and Delta Motion (the best) .. long story... :)

mistake?

chelton ...

will check it out .. keep up the great work.. (fixing my mistakes)

Crimson 3.0 os out of date... no updates.. all G3 HMI are legacy items.. no longer manufactured..

Sorry... looked like it would do the trick.. All toggles (page2) worked, but without indication.(both modules) By worked I mean the status of the ADAM-4055's changed by curve selection and individual bit DO writes. Bad news... Page1 all D/IO indications remain OFF (both modules)

OOOps.. you just loaded an Updated file (change the version number please... :) like 1.6 That's where I am now.. I`ll change your new one to 1.7

Last edited:
Your version 1.7 is outstanding ... all modules blue Toggles (page2) work perfectly. Page1, all modules status working perfectly. Methinks everything is working perfectly!.... and you have never worked with Crimson 3 before!!! What is it that keeps you busy in Melbourne? You must be in high demand at whatever it is... ;-)

It Works!

So.. The answer is .. It can be done. With some seriously good help on this Forum... Very Grateful.

Regards, Michael Lambert

IMG_4335_jpg.jpg IMG_4339_jpg.jpg

FYI... Latest... It isn't done yet... there are issues between the LinMot Drives D/IO system and ADAM's D/IO systems... How hard could it be... just connect a DO to A DI .... Duh!

Almost final status of the project

Turns out the ADAM-4055 is not the one in the manual it uses sinking inputs and sinking outputs.. The manual lists a 4055... but they changed it... and never printed anything about that.. must have been fun for others that tried to use it... The new one is 4055-BE

One last final comment... unless someone asks a question. There was a fault with one of the ADAM-4055's 8 DI's! silly me, I just thought the used stuff you buy on eBay always works fine. Yes, everything now works fine. But... the next step is to do what was suggested earlier on this thread ...run the LinMot drive directly from the Red Lion HMI .. that is what will be done next .. Using LinRS.. or Sinoide (linMots system of interface: https://shop.linmot.com/data/import/Software/0185-1040-E_3V20_MA_Sinoide-Application.pdf and

http://www.linmot.com/fileadmin/use...s/linmot-talk-6/Usermanual_LinRS_e_recent.pdf)

Last edited:
An important final note, It was suggested earlier on this tread to connect the Red Lion directly to the LinMot drive and use an interface like RS232 or RS485.. That process was completed successfully using LinMot's LinRS protocol.. It can be viewed working at this YouTube address: https://www.youtube.com/embed/qp1A06XPA9Q