RSLogix 5000 Controller Organizer Sluggish Online

EJSControls

Hi all,
Do any of you know how to correct lag within the Controller Organizer while online with a PLC? Scrolling through my tree is very choppy. Sometimes I have to go offline to navigate fluently.

I'm running RSLogix 5000 V19.01 connected via Ethernet.

I've searched the web and tried a few suggestions but nothing has worked.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have had the same problem, and changing the ethernet card did the trick.

Cheers

Mark
This seems like a software issue not a connectivity issue.

From what I have read, some versions had conflicts with other software such as Acrobat Reader. I have also read some things about routine execution timing problems. One of the solutions was changing internet options for certificate revocation. Some people just blame it on the lack of quality of the software.

I hope to find somebody that completely got to the bottom of the problem step by step.

You may be able to adjust the system overhead time slice to smooth out the lag. Its the ratio of time spent on the continuous task versus background stuff like communications. You should find it under the controller properties box. The advanced tab. We usually run ours between 20 and 33% Sounds like yours may be set lower.