I/O Siemens Logo

Designmen90

Hello everyone,
I don't have expecience with PLC programming, so I have problem with diagram reading. I guess that I have 4 digital outputs on schematic from attachment..am I right? :confused:
But, what is with inputs? How many Digital or analogue inputs I have here? What is the meaning of B005 and hi? :confused:

Thank you, guys.

PCL.jpg

Last edited:
Correct, you have 4 digital outputs Q1,Q2, Q3, Q4.
Two digital inputs I1, I2

Hi = always On i.e B002 is always enabled.
B005 is a monthly/yearly timer.

It looks to me as though I1 and I2 are analogue inputs to B001 which does some kind of operation with I1 and I2. Maybe subtract then and compare to and compare to 1. B003 and B005 are function blocks which provide input to other function blocks. But since there is no definition of these function blocks, there is no way to explain the semantics of this program.

I1 and I2 I would say are digital inputs and B001 is looking for them both to be on ie > 1 for Q2 to energise.

K1 & K2 sound like feedback from contactors.

I think some people are not very familiar with Siemens Logo

Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 are digital outputs.

I1 and I2 are clearly digital inputs, and as they both go to an OR block (B001), then obviously if either (or both) inputs are ON then Q2 is energised.

B002 is a cyclic timer which is permanently enabled by the Hi block.
Siemens call this timer a "asynchronous pulse generator". In this example the Output Q1 appears to be energised for 4 days and then off for 4 days.

B003 is a weekly timer

B005 is a yearly timer,

B004 is an AND block

so when BOTH timers have an active output, then outputs Q3 and Q4 are both energised.

Last edited: