Powerflex 755 current doesn't go zero after stop

bornwild

Hi guys,
We have PF 755 induction Flux vector control. When the drive stops the current doesn't drop to zero. It stays for 20 seconds. What parameter I need to set.

Is tourque proving enabled? That sounds like the brake set process on a hoist with torque proving enabled. If so I don’t think you have any issue.

Is tourque proving enabled? That sounds like the brake set process on a hoist with torque proving enabled. If so I don’t think you have any issue.

The drive is used on the pumps to pump hyrdaulic oil. Which parameter is torque proving? Do I need torque for this kind of application?

How is the drive controlled (PLC comms, hard I/O, HIM)?
What does the drive display read when the motor reaches zero speed but there is still current being generated (Stopping, Stopped, At Speed, etc)?
What level of current is being generated as a percentage of full load current?
Is the drive being stopped using the stop command/input?

Keith

Depending on the type of pump, this may be something that the original designed programmed on purpose. It may be that there is a DC Braking routine implemented on stopping, to prevent back-flow or for some other reason. We cannot address this for you from afar, you need to see what it is doing and why. Disabling it my have dire consequences.

According to your screenshots the VFD is still running, just at 0.231 Hz.
The "Commanded Forward" indicator shows that whatever is controlling the drive is still telling it to run, just at a very low speed.

This doesn't appear to be something that can be changed from the drive parameters.

As jraef stated, there may be a good reason it is doing this during shutdown and its hard for us to tell from here.