Configuring a 1783-NATR device trouble

Automatedsoup

Hello all,

First post so here goes.
Trying to initially configure a AB 1783-NATR device. First time I've tried this. Using the 1783-NATR user manual and following it step by step. I get to point where it tells me to reset the device. When I do, a message appears saying "Rebooting, please be patient". After about 4 hours of being patient I factory reset the device and tried again. Same thing. I tried another NAT and same thing. Does anybody have any experience with doing this?

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with a NAT device.
In the end, I saved the profile from a good device to an SD card.
Put the SD card into the one I was trying to set up and uploaded the profile.
After it rebooted I set the 1 to 1 translations and rebooted it again.
The rest of the process that we use is standardized so all I had to do was set the public and private IP address for translation as well as the device IP.
Once everything was set up I connected it to the plant network and everything worked out.

don't hit the reset module. The warning says this "Resetting the module causes all connections to or through the module to be closed, and this may result in loss of control?
Instead the better alternative is unplug the power and power it back and that will keep all your changes and you don't need to wait for 4 hours.