Wire Connectors

24V

Hi everyone,

I am working with an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1100 PLC on a power system control board. We are planning on installing two exhaust fans on the enclosure door (removable door) to improve ventilation and reduce internal heat. With that said, the exhaust fans are wired by the means of two cables (24v, Com) which will be connected to the control boards corresponding terminal blocks. However, we quite often conduct routine-maintenance procedures or troubleshoot; this requires the door to be completely removed. Thus, I would like to setup a quick means of connecting/disconnecting the cables without having to remove them from the terminal blocks every time. I am thinking of using male/female bullet connectors so that it is quick to connect/disconnect the cables from the power source when required. Does anybody have any better ideas/Agree with me/or have any useful tips?

All replies are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
24V

I have a school that has a few of my 'machine' trainers, they like to switch and often do between different PLC manufactures and dont want to spend all day wiring.... so they use these https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...lti-wire_connectors,_heavy-duty_(zp-mc_series)

They have a female on the machine and the same male ends on 3 different PLC's and it makes the swap out much faster and painless, it may be something for you to consider

I have a school that has a few of my 'machine' trainers, they like to switch and often do between different PLC manufactures and dont want to spend all day wiring.... so they use these https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...lti-wire_connectors,_heavy-duty_(zp-mc_series)

They have a female on the machine and the same male ends on 3 different PLC's and it makes the swap out much faster and painless, it may be something for you to consider

These are great. Harting also makes the same sort of thing.

My recommendation is that you jumper two pins on the side that gets removed to an input in the PLC so you can tell if the connector is connected or not.

These are great. Harting also makes the same sort of thing.

My recommendation is that you jumper two pins on the side that gets removed to an input in the PLC so you can tell if the connector is connected or not.

I used to do this for heater platens in compression molding machines because during tooling setups and cleaning many times the tech would plug in the harting connector with all the heater wiring half way thus producing a poor connection on many points that would fail quickly so we had a verify pin on each end of the connector to make sure it was plugged in before applying power to the heater circuits.

The connector we used would not make both pins if it was not plugged in fully.

For that application, I wish harting or someone made a connector that would activate a contact only when the locking clamps are engaged also.