SECS/GEM for Siemens

RockyNivas

Hi all,

I would like to know whether SECS/GEM communication protocol can be used in Siemens PLC ? and also I would like to know is it effective to link MES for data tracking.

If it can not be used please suggest me what is preferable for that kind of data tracking.

Thanks in advance.

SECS Gem probably not directly but they supply a product called Fablink with protocols for most PLC's including Siemens.

Are you asking for alternatives to SECS/GEM for logging data from a Siemens S7 PLC to a MES ?
If that is the case, I would say that the most typical way to interface a Siemens S7 PLC to MES is via OPC DA (legacy) or OPC UA (the new standard). It depends on if the MES supports OPC DA or OPC UA.

Similar Topics

I am new to unity so I apologize for the basic question. I am trying to hold an output fox x secs. In AB i would use the .TT field of the timer...
Replies
Views
Hi all - got an S7 classic Step 7 program. I have a variable that's a TIME data type it contains a value such as T#1h30m5s - how can I extract...
Replies
Views
I had a job using encoder AUTONICS E50S8-360-3 - N - 24, which is connected to Mitsubishi FX2N plc on the input x0 , x1 and x2, program that LD...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m sure there is a simple way to do this but I can’t think of it. Any help would be great. The problem is I’m trying to convert a decimal...
Replies
Views
We have a Gem 80 Gemlan t card However , I'm told we need to upgrade to a version that communicates better on modbus I don't know the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom