Can someone tell me about How to configure Encoder SRM64-HZZ0-S04
with RSLogix5000?
Is any hardware require?

Hi

Can someone tell me about How to configure Encoder SRM64-HZZ0-S04
with RSLogix5000?
Is any hardware require?

I found a manual here

http://www.audin.fr/pdf/documentations/sick/codeurs/codeurs-boucle-fermee/SRS64+SRM64.pdf

I have never used this equipment. It looks like there is a sine and a cos output, but you can also send commands via an RS485 link.

It appears to run on 8 - 12V DC.

So ... I think you would need some hardware to interface to it. If you use the RS485 (not sure what the communication format is) then that serial communication would be the only hardware needed.

It appears that you could use the sine and cosine waves as inputs to your ControlLogix, if you could read them. 1024 pulses per revolution is going to require a high speed counter, like a 1756-HSC. The 1756-HSC shows jumpers for 0 - 5V signals and another jumper for voltage between 12 and 24V. I don`t see a setting for between 5 and 12V so this may not work for you.

The sine and cosine inputs are not square waves, so their direct input would not be the perfect signal for the 1756-HSC. But it may work OK.

I guess it depends on what your budget is, and what you are using it for. If it`s robotics and you need precise position, you may want to use a different encoder that works with your controllogix IO. If you are keeping track of a conveyor and triggering a diverter for luggage (very cost sensitive) then this may be good enough.

If you can get the RS485 working, and it responds fast enough for you, I think that would be best case.