RSView ME Comm Setup

JamesWSY

I used RSView ME that running on Win2000 Pro. I used controllogix with 1756-ENBT/A as comm interface. I setup RSLinx Enterprise with Ethernet driver and add Target device using 1756-ENBT/A and enter IP address but still no response from controllogix ( go online used same IP with RSLogix5000 is OK).
How to solve this problem? Any idea?
Thank you
James

James:

Please clarify what you mean by not receiving a response from ControlLogix. Do you mean that when you try to access a ControlLogix tag (in a pushbutton, for example), you are not able to see the tags?

You mentioned that you set up the ENBT on the target tab. Have you set up the same data on the Local tab as well?

Rick

Did you create a Shortcut to the PLC? Just entering the ENBT card isn't enough. You also have to add a shortcut to the ControlLogix controller.

First Add the Ethernet card, the ENBT
Then add the ControlLogix Processor (hint: address field is the slot #)
Then create a shortcut that points to the processor
Then specify which RSLogix5000 project applies to the processor in the Offline Tag File field.

Do this on the Local tab and you can test the comms from your computer to the PLC.

Do this on the Target tab to configure coms from your target device (such as a PanelView Plus) to the PLC.

OG

I create the shortcut, and add ethernet driver and enbt on target tab. I can't browse the clx chassis and processor that normally showup on rslinx. I want to run the RSV Me on computer (not on PVPlus).

To run RSView ME on the computer, add the same ENBT and shortcut information to the Local tab.

The local tab allows communication between your PC (Running RSView ME) and the controller.

Rick

I have seen a similar problem before, fixed it by adding the CPU manually (right click on the backplane icon and add the module; make sure you get all the details correct). When the CPU was in the configuration suddenly all the other I/O and comm modules appeared.