Omron CJ1M CPU 13 communication.. urgent help pleased

goko2rock

Dear all,
I have one CJ1M CPU 13.. I am trying to communicate using CS1W-CN118 and serial to USB converter CS1W- CIF31, I am using Cx programmer 9.1, when I select auto online, with serial connection checked.. and communication port selected.. I get a error "failed to communicate" dip switch 4 is on. Please help me out of this trouble. Err/alm led is continueously on in CPU

Last edited:
You will also need a C200H-CN229-EU cable.
This cable will connect the CS1W-CIF31 to the CS1W-CN118.

Attached is a pin out for a cable that also works.

Turn dip switch 4 OFF, then cycle power on the cpu.
That will set the peripheral port to default communication parameters.

Solid ERR/ALM led indicates a fatal error.
Once you can connect, you should be able to view the error log to determine the problem.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Hi. I also encounter the same problem ERR/ALM is lit. Im trying to connect to plc (CJ1M CPU12) using ethernet but always having error saying to change port setting. I check it and i think it is the right setting which is 9600. Hope you can help me.

what is the name of software for upload cj1 cpu12 and can send for me step bye step file to cominucation with pc?
thankyou

I do the following steps for BACKUP but no COMUNICATION is done between PC and PLC.

Please guide me if I do the wrong thing.
MY SOFTWARE IS CX PROGRAMMER 9.1
1:
Select PLC type CJ1M-CPU12 and select COMMINIUCATION type NV-THRU (SERIAL PORT)
2:CLIC TOOLS THEN PLC BACKUP TOOLS THEN CLIC BACK UP FROM PLC AND OK
BUT COMINUCATION IS NOT OK
PLEAS HELP ME

Try connecting directly to the plc, not through the NV.
Direct cable would be CS1W-CN226 to the peripheral port.
USB to serial adapter would be CS1W-CIF31.

Thanks .
That is, this type of cable should be used to connect to the serial port?

Because I can easily connect to drives from my usb to serial cable, such as a SSD PARKER DRIVE.

I could not connect to the PLC exactly with USB TO SERIAL. Do you think I may not know how to upload?

Is there a MANUAL that fully explains the UPLOAD steps?