Powerflex 70 Digital output

unsaint32

Just FYI, Powerflex 70 Digital Out 1 terminals are 11, 12, 13 (11-Not fault, 12-common, 13-fault). And Digital Out 2 terminals defaults are 24, 25, 26 (24-Run, 25-common, 26-Not Run).

We keeping getting drive faults and we have to power cycle the drive to get it to run again. As a part of troubleshooting, I checked voltage across the digital out1 terminal 11 & 12, and 13 & 11. I get no voltage at either terminals to the common. I also get no voltage across 24 & 25, and 26 & 25 (digital out2 terminals).

We kept the default value for the digital output parameters; Digital Out1 for Fault. Digital Out2 for Run.
Am I not supposed to read some voltage at these terminals while the drive is operating?

You should be supplying a voltage to terminals 12 and 25, the powerflex will not output a voltage on any of the other terminals if you are not supplying a voltage to 12 and 25.

I would check where they are wired to and make sure you haven't got a fuse blown.

Cheers

Mark

You should be supplying a voltage to terminals 12 and 25, the powerflex will not output a voltage on any of the other terminals if you are not supplying a voltage to 12 and 25.

I would check where they are wired to and make sure you haven't got a fuse blown.

Cheers

Mark

It turns out the power supply was bad. so no voltage to the 12 & 25. Thanks.

Those output terminals are only relay contacts, and produce no voltage. They are used to switch an external voltage source on and off. See 'Digital output' at the bottom of page 37 in this manual.

What is the fault you are getting?
It was decel inhibit fault. It turns out the speed feedback mechanism was stuck and causing jerky movmement, sending sudden stop commands. After we fixed it, the fault problem went away. It had nothing to do with the Digital Outs. Thanks for the education.