Problem Running Factory Talk View ME & Studio 5.00

showshocka

Such a huge problem getting this thing to work correctly. This is a Brand New Dell Laptop Windows 7 32 bit. So I did a Complete install of the Disc Factory Talk View 5.00. When I go to open up Factory Talk View Studio, which also got installed from the disc it just opens up and hangs up. When I try to open Factory Talk ME Edition it just stays on the Splash screen and never does anything. Am I missing something?

The first two things I'd try:
- Use add and remove programs in the control panel to do a repair on the factorytalk services platform

- If that doesn't work (and even if it does), visit the rockwell website and download and apply the latest patch roll up for FTView

Never even Knew about any Patches. Thanks! I did some hunting around and Found this 7.00 Edition of ME. I'm going to try this one instead. I'll keep you posted

Is 5.0 compatible with Win 7 32 Bit?
I don't have access to the KB to login in to check.

No FTView 5.0 isn't compatible with Windows 7 32 bit. FTView 6.0 is the first version that is compatible.

Now that I have the 7.00 of FTVS loaded, when I go out to look for my .mer files it's not showing up in the Directory that I navigate to. Factory Talk View only wants to look for .med, .pva., .pvc, or .pba files.

does not look for mer file.jpg

If you are looking for the .mer, I would upload it from the PV+ and then use the Application Manager to Restore from a runtime.

He may not be able to restore from the .mer file. That feature was added to version 5.1 and only if the correct options were selected when the .mer file was created.

[AWESOME. I'M IN. HERE WE GO. :site:

I was able to Restore from my .mer file. Remember, I uninstalled 5.00 and installed 7.00

You can check compatibility here, no login required.

http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductSelector.aspx?crumb=111

Add products, then search. Here's the results. It's not supported, so don't expect any assistance from Rockwell on something they clearly say is not supported.

Screen_Shot564.png