delay starting of 7 motors

Well I have done this lots of times but I must say the solution from Pete.S knocks mine out of the water. So simple, so elegant - just love it - cheers

twocozz,Just out of curiosity how have you done it?

Pete,Thank you great idea i thought of something like this but i just couldnt find the right tools.Once i will complete my ladder i will upload for use.

The blocks in easysoft arent so user friendly.

Well I have done this lots of times but I must say the solution from Pete.S knocks mine out of the water. So simple, so elegant - just love it - cheers

Glad you liked it! I had to put on my BIG thinking cap to come up with that one.
🍻

Hi Pete,
Yes, this is the free Do-More Designer Software.
http://support.automationdirect.com/products/domore.html

Attached is the program as requested.
You will notice that this has been modified because if the motors are all on and the power to the PLC is disrupted, the outputs will all be switched on again at the same time.
This will also happen if the PLC is stitched from Stop to Run mode.

If this happens the motors will turn on in number sequence if there switch is on, at 5 second intervals.

Regards,

Thanks Garry, I appreciate it.

Best,
Pete

Start with a number at 1 and multiply it by 2 everytime. Use GEQ instruction to start the motors. Reset number to 1 when all motors are running or when they stop.

If >=1 Start Motor 1
If >=2 Start Motor 2 etc.

Start with a number at 1 and multiply it by 2 everytime. Use GEQ instruction to start the motors. Reset number to 1 when all motors are running or when they stop.

If >=1 Start Motor 1
If >=2 Start Motor 2 etc.

Where is the delayed-start that OP asked about?

[OT] Is that avatar The IT Crowd?

Very much depends on what PLC you're going to be using -
I guess the purpose (if there is one) is to prevent excess inrush.
I'd be taking Off delay timers for each motor off the back of the run feedbacks and using the done bits as interrupts for the start latches.
Are you running physical PB's or an HMI? if an HMI the you can use the times to disable the start buttons.

hi guys,
i am using moeller easy 806-swd,with no hmi.

after alot of work trying to figure out how to make it using ladder in easysoft i had accomplished it ,
the program working great almost no bugs at all.
thank you very much guys.