PowerFlex 525 Drives- Is the same Control Module used as a replacement for all ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

With my experience so far with the PowerFlex 525 Drives. Most problems seem to be related to the Control Module . I had a a F-111 Safety Hardware Fault over the weekend , that I had to replace the Control Module.

I seems like the same Control Module is used for most of the PowerFlex 525 drives. Is this the case ? It seems like Part # 25B-CTM1.

I took notice that the installed Control Module in the drive does not have an actual part number , just Cat No. 25B.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The hardware is likely the same, however the software will probably differ between sub catalog numbers of the 525. Another example is where you may use the same drive form factor, but use differently rated output transistors, or have an attached heat sink to move air on the back. Then when you look at another model, you can see the unused threaded/tapped holes where this stuff is attached. Unifying the mechanical design streamlines the manufacturing process and makes the product cheaper. Most modern drives up to size about 2HP often have the same physical footprint if you start looking.

Last edited:
Control unit is the same. If i remember correctly, when you place it on a different drive, it will fault with a mismatch power module. You then cycle power and its good to go.

All control modules are the same for a 525. The base units are hard coded to tell the control module what it is plugged into. The fault that happens is from the mismatch and is cleared upon changing the motor programming in the control module to be the same or smaller than the power module it is connected to.