Version Problem for Rockwell E3 module

Eric Le Yin

Need Help
I have problem when I change a newer version of E3 module in the RSNetworx.
Old version : 1.001
New Version : 3.003
Whenever i need to change to newer version of E3 module, I need to change the PLC to Program mode, then only can complete the version up.
can anyone advice to ease the process to shorten the process by avoiding stop the PLC.
Scanner Module Version : 4.005,3.008,3.010

It depends on the firmware version of the scanner you are using. For scanners at firmware 8 and below I know to download to the devicenet scanner the PLC must be in prog mode. I don't think at firmware rev 9 that it is necessary to do this but I'm not 100% positive.

What PLC??? I am assuming your question is for devicenet.

You should turn off electronic keying in your scanner for each node. This requires a switch to program mode to disable electronic keying but, it only has to be done once. Once disabled, the scanner doesn't care what sort of device it is attempting to communicate with, it will just do it. When you swap an old E3 for a new one, no change to program mode will be required.

Note:
If you are using 1756-DNB firmware ver. 7 or greater, you can make change without going to program mode.

Thank you for the advice
I checked on the electronic keys on the scanner,
The Major Revision check box is uncheck
but the problems still exist
and the wording is still in bold but the other which have no problem one the wording Major Revision is in Hollow.
Does this really cause the differece?
Thank you.