Controller 1756-L55/A series

turbohamad

Respected Friends,

Good day. I face a serious issue please help me to fix the problem.*

We have a 1756-L55/A controller with 1756/M13 A memory card. after 2 or 3 months the program washout and the LED status on the controller are following

1. RUN --- SOLID GREEN

2. I/O--- OFF

3. RS232 --- SOILD RED

4. OK --- SOLID RED

5. BAT-- OFF

6. FORCE-- OFF*

At that time CONTROL NET MODULES OK Light for Chanel A and Chanel B are also blinking and communication not established via control net and serial port AB-DF1.

I switched off the power supply and after 10 second again power up the controller then OK LED becomes solid green.*

i download the program and its run fine.

But the problem is still there. In the controller properties the major fault shows*

TYPE 01 [ POWER UP FAULT]

CODE 60 [NON RECOVERABLE FAULT]

what are the possible reason for wash out the program from the memory?*

At that time version 16.03 firmware installed and the rslogix program convert from version 10 to version 16.03.*

Is 1756 L555/A with 1756/M13 A support the version 10 firmware?

I ask because the original program is in version 10 if its supported then i update the firm ware and download the original program.

Hope you will help me in this issue.

Regards

Hello Friends;
No serial port not in used. what are the possible causes for this fault?
Just program washed out after every 2 to 3 months.

Please help me

Is it running the wrong version of 16?

The release notes for version 16 has the following issue listed as fixed in 16.021 (google for: 1756-l55 revision 16 release notes)

>>>>>>>>

Continuous operation of 1756-L55 controller results in a Major Non-Recoverable Fault

The 1756-L55 controllers experience a Major Non-Recoverable Fault (MNRF) after approximately 3...6 months of continuous operation.
Continuous operation is defined as
the controller being powered up. The
mode of the controller (Program, Run, Remote) does not matter.
This MNRF occurs due to the completion of background diagnostic tests.

Lgx00078499
<<<<<<<<

Release notes fail to state which version this problem starts from.

L55 Program Dump

I used to work at a location that had this issue quite frequently. We had around 10 L55 processors in operation and due to the operation we could not flash the revision(no down time for 15 years). This was achieved using redundancy to deal with hardware issues. Honestly it was just a nuisance due to the redundancy auto switching to the other CPU. Clear the fault the SRM Module would reload the program for me. Understandably in the wrong machine this could be catastrophic. I would open a TechConnect case for this if you have Rockwell support. They can drive you through the proper revisions for your application.

turbohamad said:
...We have a 1756-L55/A controller with 1756/M13 A memory card. after 2 or 3 months the program washout...

...version 16.03 firmware installed...

matt1 said:
Is it running the wrong version of 16?

The release notes for version 16 has the following issue listed as fixed in 16.021 (google for: 1756-l55 revision 16 release notes)

>>>>>>>>

Continuous operation of 1756-L55 controller results in a Major Non-Recoverable Fault

The 1756-L55 controllers experience a Major Non-Recoverable Fault (MNRF) after approximately 3...6 months of continuous operation.
Continuous operation is defined as
the controller being powered up. The
mode of the controller (Program, Run, Remote) does not matter.
This MNRF occurs due to the completion of background diagnostic tests...

Good spot matt1.

This technote refers precisely to the issue that you've mentioned and how it was to be corrected at firmware revision 16.021...

43553 - 1756-L55 and 1794-L34 at certain V16 revisions will non-recoverable major fault
Access Level: Everyone

The latest firmware release is 16.023 (October 2013) and is the only revision 16 firmware now available for download. So it would probably be best to flash to this revision...

FIND DOWNLOADS

Type "1756-L55" in the search field.

Regards,
George

I was a peripheral part of a power plant disaster. Everyone at the plant had a story about how they had just stepped behind a door or column or away from a window when the blast occurred; the fact that there were no fatalities is as close to a miracle as I ever want to get.

That power plant had hired a low-bidder who didn't know the technology to fix their control system. The power plant owner had breached their support contract with the turbine maker years before, to "save money".

OP is almost certainly working on a similar gas turbine, as most of his questions point to a specific architecture sold largely to one gas turbine OEM. When I have asked him about it, he has pointedly refused to answer.

That's why I am specifically not participating in this thread. While OP may have the best of intentions, or be placed in his professional situation through no fault of his own, I will not participate in speculative technical support for something that I think will get people killed if it is not done right.

Hi Ken,

Is there another thread(s) I may have missed that I can reference so I'm as clued in here?

EDIT: I've just replied to another similar thread which links back to here where the OP has a near exact situation.
I have no issues with providing Forum members official Rockwell technical information, if it does help them resolve there issues, but yes, if they are in over their heads, then that is another matter.
But I had not sensed that here or in that other thread - ControlLogix 5500 Losing Program

G.

Last edited: