Sequence multiple output modules?

zucker

Hi All,

I am trying to create a ring counter using an SLC-5/02 PLC, a sixteen terminal output module (1746-OB16), and an eight terminal output module (1746-OB8). The ring counter will turn on a different light, out of twenty lights, every second. I am using a sequencer output instruction (SQO) controlled by a timer to turn on and off the lights.

I need to use two output modules to power on twenty lights. This is where I start to run in to problems. The sequencer works fine if I only use one of the output modules, but does not cycle the lights properly if I try to sequence both modules. Is there any way to have an SQO instruction control two output modules?

Thanks in advance.

Zucker

Similar Topics

So, i have a machine that I'm programming say the sequence is 1-2-3-4-5. If the operator hits the 'start' button it will step through the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, first time posting here, so I'll just get right to the meat of my situation here. I've just started getting into PLCs and I work...
Replies
Views
To sequence through multiple MSG instructions with a Studio 5k program what are some preferred methods?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a newbie and I have trouble in the control sequence. I have a system with 4 pumps. The required: Ex: Push a button to start in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having some trouble trying to use Port 2 on the direct logic (250-1) for K-sequence. I am trying to use RS-232, I have a breakout...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom