FactoryTalkView ME Expression, Button Visibility

nmk34

I have 3 groups of users under security settings. i want a button to be visible when group1 or group3 logged in, and invisible when group2 is logged in. what would be the expression under Animation...Visibility looks like?
is there more than one way to point in the expression to the groups?

Assign the two groups you want it visible for a security code letter that the third group does not have (such as 'A', 'B', 'C', &c).

Then in the visibility for the button, use the expression 'CurrentUserHasCode(A)' replacing 'A' with whatever letter you assigned.

Shouldn't you use Visible instead of Invisible? Because what you have is only invisible to "Group2", any other users or groups will see it.
If you use Visible, you can assign which group can see it.

The OP wanted it visible to groups 1 and 3, and invisible to group 2. Set it up however you like, as long as it is working the way you need it. I think you will find that the expression for making it visible for groups 1 & 3 gets a little more complex. This however is very simple.

But again, as long as it works, do it however you want. Once you have at least two groups to make visible and at least two groups to make invisible then the expression gets more complex anyways. In that case I would have selected visible instead.

OG

Last edited: